Tuesday 2 December 2014

Journal Entry Five

For this project we created a game using Sploder and the class shared them on their blogs so we could play and mark each other's games. This was my favorite project we've done so far in this course because it was really fun to create something that looks so similar to the kind of things we grew up with by using an easy program online. I also really liked playing other student's games to see how they would use the given essentials to benefit their projects and make an entertaining game for the class to enjoy and try to win. The easiest part of creating a game using Sploder was that everything was given to you and all you had to do was drag and drop items on to the grid and it would create the world for you. Although creating a real video game is nothing like what we did for this project, it was far less time consuming and a lot more fun because the class got to see so many different games made by their peers! For the most part, I don't play a lot of video games but when I do, it's almost always on a game console because I find them a lot easier to navigate with than a computer or cell phone game. Also, i'm not very good at any games except for a few that are fairly simple, like any Mario game. I can never play games that have controls for your character and the camera separate on the controller because it should just have one that moves the character and it processes where you want to face or what direction you want to move in. The only game I ever played to the end with controls like that was "Heavy Rain" and depending on how you played the game you got a different ending, and I somehow managed to get the worst possible one. So, that kind of proves how horrible I am at most games. But it was one of my favorite games because I did finish it and would like to see if I could get a better ending then what I did the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment